The early childhood center
We believe that the Chrstian education and care of children is a cooperative effort that includes parents, children, teachers, and congregational members as partners with families. Immanuel Lutheran Church and its Early Childhood ministry are involved in caring for children and providing early education through activities and experiences that help develop skills necessary for school and for a Christ-centered life.
Immanuel provides a Christian atmosphere for children as young as two, and utilizes songs, prayers, and daily activities centering around the love of Jesus. The classroom experiences will help fulfill spiritual, cognitive, physical, emotional, and social needs of the children, and learning occurs through individualized, small and large group activities.
The center program focuses on the following:
1. GROWTH IN KNOWLEDGE THAT JESUS IS THE CHILD'S LOVING SAVIOR.
2. Development of large and small motor skills.
3. Expression of creativity through art experiences.
4. Exposure to reading concepts.
5. Exposure to colors, shapes, numbers, and letters.
6. Experience with science and social studies activities.
7. Recognition of good health and safety practices.
8. Development of social skills through creative work/play activities.
9. Development of positive self image.
10. Participation in activities involving music and rhythm.
The center is staffed by the following qualified teachers and interning aides from EIU:
2 YEAR OLDS
Michele Hoover - Teacher
Lindsay Dell - Teacher
Josie Griffin - Morning Aide
Savannah Esarey - Afternoon Aide
3 YEAR OLDS A GROUP
Mary Gienko - Teacher
Lisa Riegler - Aide
3 YEAR OLDS B GROUP
Tema Metzler - Teacher
Andra Sherry - Aide
4 YEAR OLDS A GROUP
Keagan Grisamore - Teacher
Melissa Por - Aide
4 YEAR OLDS B GROUP
Susan Miller - Teacher
Cassie Brewer - AM Teacher
Kendra Warren - Teacher
Cassie Brewer - Aide
Please check with the preschool office (345-3042) or contact Mike Honemann (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more detailed information about the Early Childhood Center and enrollment.